| Based on the 2009 summer movie blockbuster of the same name, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince transports fans both old and new to the beloved and action-filled video game universe of Harry Potter. In this most recent adventure players return to the famous Hogwarts school for wizards, as well as other surrounding parts of the wizarding world, to help Harry survive a difficult and danger filled sixth year.|
In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince the Video Game, Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Together they work to find the key to unlock Voldemort’s defenses and, to this end, Dumbledore recruits his old friend and colleague, the well-connected and unsuspecting bon vivant Professor Horace Slughorn, whom he believes holds crucial information.
Meanwhile, the students are under attack from a very different adversary as teenage hormones rage across the ramparts. Harry finds himself more and more drawn to Ginny, but so is Dean Thomas. And Lavender Brown has decided that Ron is the one for her, only she hadn’t counted on Romilda Vane’s chocolates. And then there’s Hermione, simmering with jealously, but determined not to show her feelings. Yet as romance blossoms throughout Hogwarts, one student remains aloof. He is determined to make his mark, albeit a dark one. Love is in the air, but tragedy lies ahead and Hogwarts may never be the same again.
Like earlier video game releases in the Harry Potter franchise, the action in Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince the Video Game revolves around the exploration of Hogwarts and the action that results from what you uncover. The game features both an engrossing single player mode as well as local multiplayer modes for up to two players. During their adventures, players will have a chance to engage in exciting wizard duels, mix and brew magical ingredients in potions class and take to the air to lead the Gryffindor Quidditch team to victory. Players may even get sidetracked by Ron’s romantic entanglements as they journey towards a dramatic climax and discover the identity of the Half-Blood Prince.
- Compete for Gryffindor in the Hogwarts Quidditch Cup as you take on Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin in the most exciting wizarding sport.
- Perfect your Quidditch skills and prove you can dodge a Bludger and can catch the Snitch.
- Take part in thrilling wizard duels, battling against Death Eaters in Hogwarts, Inferi in the Horcrux cave and much more.
- Join the Gryffindor Dueling Club. Perfect your dueling skills before you take on the other houses. Will you become the Dueling Club champion?
- Create magical potions with Professor Slughorn using the Half-Blood Prince’s Potions book.
- Explore Hogwarts at night, taking on nighttime missions while the castle sleeps.
- When you get stuck, call on Nearly Headless Nick for clues and tips to help you complete your challenges.
- Relive the action of the movie…from the Hogwarts Express, to the dramatic revelation of the Half-Blood Prince.
- See more of the wizarding world as you explore new magical places like The Burrow, the Horcrux cave and more.
- Travel with Dumbledore to piece together Voldermort’s past, and sneak around Hogwarts to discover Malfoy’s secrets.
- Local 2-player multiplayer play option available.
| PC|| Mac|
|OS:||Windows XP SP2 / Vista SP1||OXS Leopard (10.5.5)|
|Processor:||1.8GHz or faster||1.8GHz Intel Core Duo|
|RAM:||256MB more/512MB more Vista||256MB or more|
|Disc Drive:||8x DVD ROM or faster||8x DVD ROM or faster|
|Hard Drive:||5GB hard disk space or more||5GB hard disk space or more|
|Video Card:||DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible card||ATI X1600, Intel X3100 or equivalent with 128MB VRAM|